Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Highline Performing Arts Center: 20 Years and Counting

With Amy Daligcon-Dowell and Dan Wolcott at the Highline PAC

My very first experience in Highline eighteen years ago included a tour of our then new Performing Arts Center (PAC). I was a new elementary music teacher in the district and two experienced teachers walked me through every nook and cranny of our shared performance space. It made a great impression on me! If you've never been backstage, you might be surprised by the professional feel of the equipment in the wings and the theatre style dressing rooms.

Over the years, I've been to the PAC for school concerts, graduations, professional development sessions, and even the Seattle Symphony. Yesterday, I hopped on stage to record a video message updating our equity work for the year. That will be out soon.

Thanks to head technician Dan Wolcott for all of his assistance yesterday, and to PAC manager Amy Daligcon-Dowell, who has made sure "the show will go on" for more than 1,000 school and community events over the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment