|Barb Rogers is recognized as classified employee of the year|
If you attended the Highline Schools Foundation for Excellence's first Gold Star Bash, you saw for yourself what a great time it was. Everybody else - come on out next year!
The Bash was designed by the Foundation with two objectives:
- Recognize the nominees and Gold Star selection more publicly
- Create an event people who can't usually go to the fundraiser breakfast can attend
- Have fun
|People entered the Production Shop to a red carpet|
- Darcy Smith from McMicken Heights Elementary was named teacher of the year. Darcy could not be more deserving - she is getting amazing results with her kids.
- Barb Rogers took home the award for classified staff. Barb is as generous as the day is long, and her upbeat nature is a true inspiration to any of us who hope to work in education for the long run.
- Astha Tada was recognized for her volunteer work. Astha was librarian at Cascade when I first met her and in her "retirement" she has been a tireless advocate for public library access in the White Center and Boulevard Park communites.
- David Sabey won the second annual award for alumni. He has been a huge success since graduating from Highline High School.